Since 2012, Triage Cancer has provided free educational events and resources to help individuals diagnosed with cancer, caregivers, health care professionals, and advocates navigate cancer-related legal and practical issues. This pivotal year is no different.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, our FREE Triage Cancer Conference on Saturday, May 15, covers key information for navigating legal and practical issues, minimizing the financial burden of a cancer diagnosis, and reducing stress.
Topics covered include:
● The latest updates in the American Rescue Plan, as well as new consumer programs and financial help available due to Covid-19
● Understanding health insurance options, picking a plan, using your coverage, and appealing denials
● Accessing clinical trials
● How to work through treatment or take time off
● Applying for and appealing disability insurance
● Estate planning and medical decision making
● Managing medical bills, finances, and getting financial help
● Becoming an empowered patient and advocate This event is open to everyone. Save your spot now!
Continuing Education for Professionals
This event also offers 6.5 FREE continuing education credits/contact hours for social workers and nurses, 7 FREE continuing education credits for patient advocates, and 6 FREE PDCs for HR professionals.
What have past attendees said about our Conferences?
“This is a fantastic conference and the fact that you made it available virtually really highlighted how much care and respect you have for the community. I appreciate your steadfast commitment to advocacy and education as well as your flexibility in presenting this online. I hope to see more virtual conferences!!”
- Virtual Attendee
"As a cancer patient, this
"I am an oncology social worker of eighteen years. Oncology treatments, as well as the insurance and legislation issues that drive access to care, are constantly changing. Triage Cancer’s resources have been invaluable for my continuing education."
- Oncology Social Worker
"When confronted with the words “you have cancer,” nothing is more valuable than a credible guiding hand to make a horrible situation less horrible. Triage Cancer serves this much needed gap in as meaningful a way as possible."
- Health Care Professional
Don’t miss out on valuable information that could significantly impact your life, especially during this challenging time.